We often see glass in daily life, because glass is not many years ago glass, the development of modern, glass materials and glass structure has changed a lot, the following to introduce the composition of glass and glass by structure of what kind of information.
(1) Plain glass (Na2SiO3, CaSiO3, SiO2 or Na2O.CaO.6SiO2)
(2) Quartz glass (glass made from pure quartz as the main raw material, ingredient siO2 only)
(3) Tempered glass (same as ordinary glass composition)
(4) Potassium Glass (K2O, CaO, SiO2)
(5) Borate glass (SiO2, B2O3)
6 Colored glass in the (ordinary glass manufacturing process to add some metal oxides.)
Cu2O – Red; CuO – Blue-green; CdO – Light yellow; CO2O3 – Blue; Ni2O3 – Ink Green; MnO2 – Purple; Colloid Au – Red; Colloid Ag – Yellow)
(7) Color-changing glass (advanced colored glass with oxides of rare earth elements as a colorant)
(8) Optical glass (in the ordinary bosilicate glass raw materials to add a small amount of light-sensitive substances, such as AgCl, AgBr, etc., and then add a very small amount of sensitization agent, such as CuO, so that the glass becomes more sensitive to light)
(9) Rainbow glass (made from large amounts of fluoride, a small amount of sensitizer and bromide in ordinary glass raw materials)
（10） Protective glass (in the ordinary glass manufacturing process to add appropriate auxiliary materials, so that it has to prevent strong light, strong heat or radiation lines through the function of protecting personal safety. such as gray – heavy chromate, iron oxide absorbs ultraviolet light and partial visible light; blue-green – nickel oxide, ferro-iron oxide absorbs infrared and partial visible light; lead glass – lead oxide absorbs X-rays and r-rays; dark blue – heavy chromate, ferro-iron oxide absorbs ultraviolet light, infrared and most visible light
Add cadmium oxide and boron oxide to absorb neutron streams.
(11) microcrystalline glass (also known as crystalline glass or glass ceramics, is in ordinary glass added gold, silver, copper and other crystal cores made, instead of stainless steel and gemstones, as a radar cover and missile head, etc.).
(12) Fiberglass (fibres pulled or blown from molten glass with diameters ranging from several microns to several thousand microns, the same composition as glass)
(13) Glass wire (i.e. long fiberglass) (14) Reinforced plastic streatin of glass steel (reinforced plastic smed with a steel strength similar to that obtained by the compound ingress of epoxy resin and fiberglass.)
(15) Cellulose film made from viscose solution)
(16) Water glass (Na2SiO3) water solution, named for the same part of the components in ordinary glass)
(17) Metal glass (glass-state metal, generally made from the rapid cooling of molten metal)
(18) Fluorite (fluorite) (colorless transparent CaF2, used as a prism and a permeable mirror in optical instruments)
(19) Plexiglass (polymethyl acrylates) In addition to the glass composition, I think you want to know the following information.
1, tempered glass: it is ordinary flat glass after reprocessing into a pre-stressed glass: tempered glass compared to ordinary flat glass, with two major characteristics:1) The former is several times stronger than the latter, the degree of tensile is more than 3 times that of the latter, and the resistance is more than 5 times that of the latter2) Tempered glass is not easy to break, even if broken will be broken in the form of particles without sharp angle, greatly reduced damage to the human body
2, frosted glass: it is also in the ordinary flat glass on top of the re-matting processing, the general thickness of more than 9 percent, to 5, 6 percent thickness with more
3, blast glass: performance is basically similar to frosted glass, different sanding for blasting, because the two visually similar, many owners, even decoration professionals are mixed them together
4, embossed glass: is the use of pressure-rolling method manufactured a flat glass, its biggest feature is opaque light, more used in the bathroom and other decoration areas
5, clamp glass: is the use of pressure-rolling method, wire or metal mesh embedded in the glass plate made of a kind of impact-resistant flat glass, when hit will only form a radiation-like crack and not fall injury.
Therefore, it is mostly used in high-rise buildings and high-volatility factories:
6, hollow glass: the use of glue method to maintain a certain interval between two pieces of glass, the interval is dry air, the surrounding sealed material, mainly used in the soundproofing requirements of the decoration works.
7, laminated glass: laminated glass is generally composed of two pieces of ordinary flat glass (can also be tempered glass or other special glass) and glass between the plexicoglue layer when damaged, the debris is still glued to the adhesive layer, to avoid debris splash damage to the human body, more for safety requirements of decoration projects
8, bulletproof glass: in fact, is a kind of laminated glass, but the composition of the glass more use of higher strength of tempered glass, and the number of laminates is relatively large.More used in banks or luxury homes and other very high security requirements of the decoration works
9, hot curved glass: by the flat glass heating softening in the mold molding, and then by annealing made of surface glass: in some high-level decoration appears more and more frequently, need to book, no spot
10, glass brick: glass brick production process is basically the same as flat glass, the difference is the molding method of which is dry air, more used for decorative items or has insulation requirements in the light transmission shape.
11, glass paper: also known as glass film, with a variety of colors and colors: according to the performance of the paper film, different performance: most of the insulation, anti-infrared, anti-ultraviolet, explosion-proof and other effects